This privacy statement explains the kinds of information we may obtain from or about you as a visitor to our websites and pages on social media; how we may use that information (together with information provided offline or via other means); and who we may share that information with.
Each time you access, browse and/or use our website you agree to the following terms. If you do not agree you must cease to use our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
We will only collect personal information about you with your awareness and as described in this policy. Any personal information which you provide to us and/or which we obtain about you, will be kept secure and confidential using appropriate technical measures. We may combine personal information that we collect via one method (for example, our website) with personal information that we collect via another method (for example, your offline interactions with us).
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information.
We may collect and process the following data through our website (and combine this with data provided offline through your interactions with us):
- Any information provided by or about you through our website including competitions, comment boxes, forms, links, website usage or any other means.
- If any person contacts us via phone, email, post, surveys, through our website or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Where you purchase any products or services from us, we collect your data in relation to that product or service as set out in this policy and our contract with you for that product or service.
- Buildtec provides channels of social media communications in order to provide information regarding our services; respond to queries; and to deliver customer care to our customers. Buildtec may retain any interactions with customers via any of its social media channels as part of your customer care history, along with your interactions with customer care via any other channel. Social media interactions with non-customers will be retained for a maximum period of 3 months for the relevant purposes set out below.
You agree that any data you provide to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it. We will only collect personal information from or about you which is necessary to:
- process any orders made by you;
- conduct a credit and fraud prevention check with a credit reference agency, if you apply for a credit account. The agency will supply us with information about you to help us verify your identity and decide whether to accept your application or future applications. The Agency will record details of our search and your application whether your application is successful or not.
- set-up and administer your account;
- provide customer services and respond to and resolve any enquiries or complaints;
- provide any products, services or information requested by you;
- conduct analysis for traffic and billing management, and to support product development;
- contact you for market research purposes;
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- personalise your experience on our website;
- provide and conduct competitions and similar offers;
- keep you up to date by post, telephone, email, and direct to your handset by text, picture, video and audio message or pop-up with information About Buildtec, Buildtec products and services, and offers and promotions subject to any marketing preferences indicated by you. It’s your choice and you’re in control – you can contact us at any time to update your preferences using the opt-out links on any email or SMS you receive or by writing to or calling customer services. Please note that where you opt out of all marketing from Buildtec you will still receive service communications from Buildtec (for example, billing communications).
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent or guardian’s consent to provide your personal information to Buildtec’s website, otherwise you are not allowed to provide any of your personal information to us.
Monitoring of Your Communications
We may monitor and/or record communications between you and Buildtec for quality control, analytics, verification and training purposes.
Retention of data
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and to provide you with services, to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. We will retain your data for the lifetime of your account with us and for a period thereafter in accordance with our information retention policy. We are required to hold certain communications data in line with our obligations under the Communications (Retention of Data) Act, 2011.
Your personal information may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purposes outlined above. We may also disclose your information for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the interests of Buildtec if required to do so by law or other binding request. By using our website you agree to such disclosure.
We take the security of the data that we process seriously. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
User Rights and access to your personal information
The Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 give you the right to access, erase or correct information held about you in certain circumstances. You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. We will charge an administrative fee of €6.35 to provide a copy of any data held and we may request a copy of ID to confirm your identity. To make such a request, please write by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Data Protection Officer, Buildtec Innovations Ltd. Aviemore House, 6 Hill Street, Monaghan, Ireland.
Other terms and conditions
You should read this Policy in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Notification of changes